Teen Grantmaking Council
The Teen Grantmaking Council (TGC) operates in partnership with Leading to Change, Incorporated, and the Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, TGC is part of a statewide youth philanthropy initiative called the North Carolina Youth Giving Network.
TGC is an opportunity for high school age youth across Greater Greensboro to gain leadership experience, meet area youth, voice opinions, and make a difference by making grants to youth-directed projects that address community issues. TCG is designed to train young leaders to make decisions about which youth projects in the community will receive money!
What does the Teen Grantmaking Council do?
The Council meets and works with other teens from the greater Greensboro area, including work to:
- Reach out to youth in the community to encourage them to plan a project and apply for money to carry it out.
- Review the proposed project ideas from youth-led groups.
- Make decisions as a group about which projects will receive money.
- Follow up with and give support to the youth led groups that were funded.
- Gain important leadership experience and job skills.
How can a youth-led project seek and report on funding?
The Teen Grantmaking Council accepts applications for youth-led projects that need funding (money). Please contact us for a grant application.
If you are a previous grantee, please download the grant evaluation form that lets the Teen Grantmaking Council know how everything went. Please remember the grant evaluation form is due the first week in January for the prior year.